Scrolling bug in channels plugin

KildClient forum.
Schmorgluck

Scrolling bug in channels plugin

Post by Schmorgluck »

The channels plugin doesn't scroll down when its associated screen is full. It's certainly a behavior nobody would want, so I have to suppose it's a bug. Maybe something changed with the KCWin plugin that channels doesn't take into account? Anyway, I don't know where to contact the author to have it corrected, and I'm not sure how to correct it myself.
ekalin
Site Admin

Re: Scrolling bug in channels plugin

Post by ekalin »

As a matter of fact, KCWin's in general are not scrolling to the end. The channles plugin is just a simple wrapper.

I'm not sure if they ever did scroll to end, but I guess they used to, and they stopped doing so when the code was changed to support multiple threads (version 3.0.0).

A quick fix in channels would be to add a function to scroll to the end after feed() is called. $window->{TEXTVIEW} is a Gtk3::TextView and any scrolling functions should work.

But this would only fix that plugin. A proper fix would involve changing the feed() function (which is implemented in C), adding code to scroll to end, preferably trying to reuse the existing code for regular MUD windows. I'll take a look at that, but I can't promise a date.
ekalin
Site Admin

Re: Scrolling bug in channels plugin

Post by ekalin »

Well, it turned out to be simpler than expected, and has been fixed: https://sourceforge.net/p/kildclient/gi ... b012344b2/